Saturday, January 19, 2008

Cloverfield and other random reviews!

So we went last night to see the new movie...Cloverfield. Be warned this movie is only 75 minutes long and was partnered with 15 minutes of previews. I should have known better once I heard that it was shot with one camera in the same way that the Blair Witch Project was. ( A movie I have never watched) The story was good and the monster was very realistic. If you get motion sickness, I'd suggest you not go to the big screen to see it!

Well, I did say I would get back to you about some of the movies we had seen recently. Here you go!

Micheal Clayton...LOVED IT! It was a great story and it kept you interested in the characters and what was going on in the movie. Of course, having George Clooney help make it easier on the eyes! I know this one is getting Oscar Buzz and it going to be re-released in the theaters again. I suggest you check it out if you have the chance on the big screen!

Sweeney Todd...LOVED IT! If you like Tim Burton movies, then you will love this one. Its dark and dreary and Johnny Depp sings!

Juno...LOVED IT! I know that allot of people think its not realistic but, I like to think that teenagers now a days are capable of being very adult about making choices in their life. And who hasn't ever been irresponsible about sex! Teenagers can be very wise about some things but, just not think about others. I think it goes back to the thinking, "it won't happen to me".

No Country For Old Men...It was OK. Maybe I don't get the Cohen brothers movies. I have never seen Fargo nor have I cared too. It was a good movie with a good story. Well worth the $3.00 a ticket we paid to see it!

OK, so that is where we will leave it for now with the movies reviews. I think I am forgetting some but, I'll check with Wayne when he gets home.

The weather here is bitter cold and he went out to get some warm socks and a ski mask since he is going to the Green Bay Packers/New york Giants game tomorrow night in Green Bay, WI. God Love him that he is such a dedicated football fan. Here is the weather forecast for tomorrow:
6pm (6:30pm CST kick off time)
4°F Feels Like-9°F
9pm
2°F Feels Like-10°F
Flurries

I just hope that Wayne and Randy are dressed plenty warm!
Go Packers...I think!!

No comments: