Sunday, February 10, 2008

There Will Be Blood.



So we went today and saw the movie, "There Will Be Blood. It is an adaptation of the Upton Sinclair book Oil. I have never read that book but now I think I will have to go and check it out! The movie was very good. Not as violent as I had heard it was. I'm sure Daniel Day Lewis will win the Oscar for Best Actor for his performance.

I like seeing how industries started and just how ruthless the people were who actually helped to make this country what it is or was today. I know that most people like to believe that everything was done all nice and pretty and without break laws or compromising ones values. Of course, anyone knows if you truly want to be someone of real wealth or importance, you will need to compromise yourself and your values to attain this. If you ever read anything about American History...no, not just what you learned in school. You will see that most people were cruel and ruthless when it came to getting what they wanted and for the betterment of this nation. I for one can say that I'm happy those men and woman all those years ago did what they did!

No comments: