Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Control


My man Donnie tweeted this out to the masses this morning...

Today- if you try to control the things in life that you can't control, you will lose control of the one thing in life you can control- YOU!

As his tweets often do, this brought to mind me thinking....

What exactly is the control one has over themselves?

Now, I know that in a D/s, M/s relationship, that each person is exerting control in their actions or reactions or the fact that they have put themselves in that situation at all. I'm talking about the things you can't control.. like caring about someone.. you know that point where you loose control and get all silly goofy in love with someone. We've all done it.. Hell for some of us it worked out and we have never been happier and are still that way... Maybe as I'm getting older and wiser, I'm realizing that kind of control lose just isn't for me. I don't know that I want to ever be that kind of silly hearted fool for someone to be able to crush at their whim.... to be able to take and have the upper hand...

I prefer the upper hand... I prefer to control my emotions or how I feel about someone... I prefer to control when or if I ever let someone know I really do care for them... I don't loose that kind of control anymore... Sadly, I don't know if I have ever lost that kind of control... I have never been viewed as the silly all in love school girl and, lets be honest here, I don't ever want to be...

No comments: