Saturday, April 19, 2008

My Birthday!

UGH! So this past week, I turned 38. Of all of my birthdays, this has been the hardest one yet. I never imagined that turning 38 would be so hard. I blew by 30 like it was nothing. I did some fun things. Wednesday, went out to dinner with my brother, the GF, Maggie and Wayne. I took my birthday off and spent the day watching Maggie and then went out to Howl at the Moon to drink my night away with the GF. (More on that later). Got Jackass 2.5 on DVD!!! YAHOOOO!! I love those guys...They ROCK!!! Then on Friday, Wayne and I baby sat Maggie during the evening. It was fun. Today, went to lunch with my family. Tonight, we went to dinner at a new place in Oak Brook called the Reel Club. The food was excellent and they had great service. It's been along time since I have had a great experience like that out at a restaurant. I can't wait to go back there again!

So, I know it sounds bad to say I had a bad birthday. I really am not selfish but, this has been really a bad one. For whatever reason, I am now considered OLD! When did that happen....I mean it's 50 the new 30? So like I'm not even 40 yet and it seems like its all down hill. Thursdays at Howl at the Moon Cougar night....any woman over 35 got in for free by a certain time. Wholly Crap...That is now what I would be considered if I was single and dating a younger guy. That is so not right. I mean I'm married but not dead. I still see plenty of guys who I know are young who I think are HOT! That really bugs me that now there is a label for older woman liking younger men. I mean it's not like bars have "Creepy old Men Night!". The GF said its just that I have finally realized that life is changing around me and I'm not part of what is Hip and Young anymore. Which I'm OK with....trust me, I don't want to be 21 again. I guess its just a culmination of allot of stuff happening or not happening this year. Let us list just a few highlights....20 yr high school reunion, Wayne having to start a whole new work chapter in his life, my work doing ll these changes that at this point are not directly effecting me, and of course the "baby project" as I will refer to it. Just one of these things would be a big deal but,some of this is in the next few months.

I guess I will just have to look forward to some movies and concerts that I have coming up!







No comments: